Use This to Teach Hobbies!!!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Smartboard! Screen 1, Take 1! Action!

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim... Hope that this would be a QUALITY entry..

Hm.. It's the 10th week.. We were supposed to present our 80% completed smartboard task for prof to check whether we were on the right track. My group did not present our material but, I was able to jot down few things for us to recheck: Are materials are clean from grammatical error? Does the font size and type suitable for our purpose? Are our materials interesting enough? What I'm trying to say is that in developing a material for classroom use, a teacher must consider lots of things. This is to ensure that the material is manipulated at it maximum and teaching and learning session would take place successfully.

The presentation made me realize that there were other aspects that our group has overlooked. Maybe we should have tried to discuss with the members of the other groups and made a proper checklist on the thing we should keep our eyes on.

Among all of the presentations, the one that grabbed my attention the most was a material from Tengku Nor Amirah. The way she used IWB to create fun games for children really amazed me. I did think of creating games but, after few unsuccessful trial (more of meddling here and there then a real try), I gave up. But, looking at how Amirah had created interesting activities using simple, basic tools gave me motivation to redo my activities. I came out with the 'Guess what am I?' activity. I remember as kids, we loved riddles and all sorts of 'teka-teki'. So, that was where I got the idea for my activity.

I guess, I'll stop here. The presentation helped me a lot in improving my materials, eventhough I did not present mine. Well, let's look forward on the final product! Tata!

No comments: